Find Us and Like Us on Facebook Click Here.
See Our Latest Property! (Leased in partnership with Haliburton Highlands Health Services) 3 McPherson in Minden
Haliburton County Non-Profit Places for People Corporation creates secure affordable rental housing in Haliburton County for those at risk of homelessness, and supports our tenants to make a positive difference in their lives.
A 9-Minute Video of the Transformation of our First Project in Haliburton Village...
Places for People aims to help solve these problems by:
- Buying run-down property
- Renovating this property with community input
- Renting at affordable rates
- Allowing tenants to accumulate assets
- Providing social supports necessary to ensure a successful tenancy
- Serves the underserviced in our community
- Strengthens the community
- Improves our housing stock
This is how we do it:
This makes the family's shelter secure, allowing them to afford other life necessities and make progress on other issues.
Without having any impact on their small budget, tenants are able to build an asset that will help them move forward when they are ready.
Give each family access to the resources they need to help get skills and education to move forward. This also grows a mutual sense of belonging that serves everyone.
This improves existing housing stock, increases housing capacity, and improves the streetscape.